This full day tour introduces young and old wine estates and wine making styles across the spectrum from light crisp wines to complex and robust red blends. We learn about South African wines as well as how to pair wine with food.
This tour is very popular with guests wanting to taste a representative cross section of Stellenbosch wines. We visit some of the youngest and oldest wine estates in the area as well as those in-between.
Your guide Jim, is South African, he speaks English and Swedish and is a certified tourist guide for all 9 provinces for history, culture and nature. He is a garagiste wine maker (Hunneyball Wines in Platters wine guide), is a Cape Wine Academy graduate and member of the South African Sommeliers Association. No matter your experience, he is eager in sharing his knowledge of all aspects of wine enjoyment and production.
A wine tasting tour might cover anywhere from three to five wine estates. In the middle of the day we stop for an a-la-carte winelands lunch. We generally spend approximately 45-90 minutes per estate.
Varietals to taste: Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Chardonnay, MCC, Pinotage, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Syrah, and French-style (Bordeaux and Rhone), dessert wines and Cape blends.
Good to know
- This tour can be done in English or Swedish
- Lunch is estimated at approx. R 95-180 pp excluding drinks
- Tasting fees approx. R 200 pp for the day
- For collections further than 20km from central Stellenbosch, a predetermined tariff is charged
- A minimum of 2 guests required
- A maximum of 7 guests can join the tour
- Collection and drop off within 20 km from central Stellenbosch
- Certified tour guide with all permits
- Transfer in 7 Seater Volkswagen
- Cold bottled water
- Guest insurances
- Tasting fees
- Wine and other possible drinks
- Curios and other purchases
- An inquisitive mind
- Eager taste buds
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
No reviews yet
Strict Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.