The Kwantu Private Game Reserve half day visit is ideally suited for those looking for a true African big 5 safari experience, close to the friendly city of Port Elizabeth.
Situated just 85km from Port Elizabeth, Kwantu is the ideal destination.
With 2 different half day time options, guests can visit either in the morning, and depart after lunch, or in the afternoon, commencing with lunch.
Kwantu is proud to be fully Halaal and alcohol free.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT LEVEL 4 REGULATIONS, NO MEALS WILL BE OFFERED UNTIL 11 JULY 2021, AND THUS THE DISCOUNTED RATE OFFERED. THIS RATE EXCLUDES ANY MEALS, BEVERAGES AND SNACKS, AND ONLY INCLUDES THE GAME ACTIVITY.
Kwantu offers 2 different options to book from, being the morning OR the afternoon visit.
While both itineraries are listed below, please note that the price quoted is for either the morning or the afternoon, and not for both.
Morning visit (commencing at 9am):
09h00 - Arrival at Kwantu Private Game Reserve
09h00 - 09h15 - Comfort stop and freshen up
09h15 - 09h45 - Enjoy welcome snacks and beverages
09h45 - 10h00 - Prepare for the game activity (and comfort stop if necessary)
10h00 - 13h00 - Enjoy a full game experience into the reserve with the big 5 free roaming, as well as a visit to the educational centre
13h00 - 14h00 - Enjoy lunch in the restaurant area
14h00 - Depart Kwantu
Afternoon visit (commencing at 1pm):
13h00 - Arrival at Kwantu Private Game Reserve
13h00 - 13h15 - Comfort stop and freshen up
13h15 - 14h15 - Enjoy lunch in the restaurant area
14h15 - 15h00 - Prepare for the game activity (and comfort stop if necessary)
15h00 - 18h00 - Enjoy a full game experience into the reserve with the big 5 free roaming, as well as a visit to the educational centre
18h00 - 18h15 - Comfort stop
18h15 - Depart Kwantu
Good to know
- Vehicle seats 10 persons
- Children all ages are welcome, and is charged differently depending on age
- As the activities are largely outdoor based, it is advisable to dress appropriately for comfort as well as practicality for the weather.
- No physical requirements, apart from being reasonably able to embark and disembark the game viewers, as well as be able to withstand the gravel roads while on the game drive
- Kwantu is proud to be fully Halaal and alcohol free.
- Transfers are available at an additional charge, and is not included in the price (request in comment field when making booking)
- Welcome snacks and beverages on arrival
- Full 3 hour game drive, including a visit to the predator educational centre
- Meal and beverages with meal upon conclusion of the game drive
- Any extra beverages or meals not listed as incl
- Transfers to and from Kwantu Private Game Reserve
- Gloves & Beanie (in winter)
- Dress according to weather
- All weather purpose jacket
- Always wear a hat/cap
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
An amazing place to visit. Very clean and organized with friendly staff. And food is halal.
The game drives were really nice, especially the night drive. Shout out to our ranger for making it a fun experience👍🏼
We had an amazing weekend at Kwantu, the food was excellent, staff were very friendly and willing to please. Staff went out of their way to assist me with food for my 4 year old fussy eater. Game drives were amazing and our game ranger( Innocent )was excellent and very passionate about his job!
Rooms were spotless and well maintained.
We appreciate the padkos which came as a pleasant surprise!
My 4 year old is waiting to return! (Including us😉)
Great stay or a days pass.. For the entire family.. Staff very friendly and the food a 6 star😋👌
An amazing luxury Bush lodge experience. The facilities available make this a perfect getaway. They have daily game drives. We've been here for one day only and have already seen lions, rhino, elephant and buffaloes. This is apart from the other general game animals that you see.
The staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
So far it has been an enjoyable experience.
Light Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 24 hours before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.