This is bound to be one of your most exciting interactions with marine animals ever!
Seals, so ungainly on land, are transformed into the most graceful creatures once they enter the water. Their large, intelligent eyes follow the divers as they swim playfully amongst them, blowing bubbles and moving in for a closer look – this is a once in a lifetime diving encounter!
The Seal Colony is found on the Robberg Peninsula and is only a 10-minute boat ride from the dive centre. It is a shallow dive (4-6m) and is suitable for all divers.
Not qualified? Join us for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving course, which includes a lecture, pool session & seal dive (only takes one day)!
Is it Safe? The seals are friendly and inquisitive, however as with any animal – if provoked or harassed, they would be capable of causing harm.
You will be met on arrival by our experienced seal guide who will sign you in and assist with fitting your snorkel & scuba gear (changing rooms and lockers are available on site). Once every-one has geared up, the group will take a short stroll on the beach to the boat where you be given a briefing by the skipper and seal guide on boat procedures and the seal scuba experience, before embarking on a short boat ride to Robberg Nature Reserve. You will then get to jump into the water with your guide for an exhilarating 30 minute snorkel experience with the seals. On arrival back at Pro Dive our facilities include changing rooms and shower facilities where can freshen up after your once in a life time marine animal encounter.
- You will arrive at the dive centre to sign in and receive your rental gear. Once you are all kitted up we will do a full dive briefing from your dive guide
- Thereafter we will take a short stroll on the pristine beaches of Plettenberg Bay to the boat where you will experience a true Plett style beach launch
- Once out at Robberg you will experience your amazing 20 minute dive with the seals
Good to know
- Minimum age 10 years
- All trips are weather dependent and conditions will be checked on the morning of your activity, one our prior to arrival time. Please note that if the weather conditions are not suitable for diving the Charter can be cancelled on the morning of the dive.
- Please could you check in no later than half an hour prior to your departure time
- Mask & snorkel
- Photo & Video footage is made available to you after the trip
- Scuba gear hire only (BCD & Regulator): R200
- Tanks: R100
- Weights: R50
- Swimming costume and towel
- It is essential to bring along your dive certification card / logbook to verify your qualification (If you are not carrying these items & are a PADI certified diver, to avoid disappointment please contact us ahead of time so that we can verify your certification on the PADI Website)
- Swimming costume
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
I was a first time diver and took my training at the Pro Dive Center in Plettenberg Bay. I had an amazing instructor Cassandra. She was so patient with me and even helped me overcome my water anxiety from previous water related trama. All the staff was very understanding and let me progress at my own pace and always made me feel comfortable and like I had real support to get me through the process. I was able to complete my dive certification and do 4 short dives, 3 shore dives and one boat dive with the sea lions. It truly was an amazing experience and I cant thank Cassandra enough for all her hard work and efforts to make my dream of learning how to scuba dive a success and reality. I highly recommend this dive center for anyone that wants supportive and attentive instructors that make the process comfortable.
Great experience, such awesome diving. Special thanks to Nikki who was super cool and made it really enjoyable. Really looking forward to diving here again!
Thank you Michelle and team for this fantastic experience, it was truly unbelievable. Special thanks to Daniël, Aldo and Nikky for your patience and teaching us all the skills needed to qualify for Open Water 1. We enjoyed the fun dive with the seals tremendously and will surely be back in 2020 to do more dives with you, perhaps even join you on a tour to the Red Sea! :-)
I went snorkeling with pro dive today,the entire team was absolutely amazing and professional , my guide was dillon, if I could I would give him a 10star rating in particular for being patient while I got used to the water etc
Light Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 24 hours before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.