Cape Town is a photographer’s paradise with lots of well-concealed secret places and treasures beckoning to be photographed, revealed only to those prepared to wander off the beaten track, far away from the crowds…
Our early morning shoot is at an abandoned seaside resort, once an oasis where people from the area flocked to enjoy a day at the beach, now gradually taken over by sea sand. The buildings and dilapidated roofs have been ravaged by years of strong winds and sea sand offering the photographer ample photographic opportunities with curved lines, long interesting shadows and frame within a frame composition.
We travel over the scenic Sir Lowry’s Pass and Viljoens Pass to photograph a forest of dead trees at Theewaterskloof dam. These magical trees, often with roots sticking out of the ground like monsters waiting to crawl away makes great subjects in a stark dry landscape.
After travelling along the Franschhoek Pass, a passageway once used by elephants visiting the valley and a quick stop in Franschhoek, we feed our lust for rust at a fascinating secret collection of vintage and classic cars, as we get lost photographing these beauties, some completely rusted away, some with beautiful detail, some without wheels or headlights, some with broken windows, some neglected beyond repair.
Good to know
- Suitable for photographers of all levels
- Transport from and to any accommodation in Cape Town and surrounding areas
- Your personal photo coach and qualified tour guide
- Early morning photo session an abandoned Beach Resort at Macassar
- Travel along the scenic Sir Lowry’s, Viljoens and Franschhoek Passes
- Visit to Franschhoek
- Photographing the dead trees at Theewaterskloof Dam
- Late afternoon photo session at the Wijnland Auto Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Camera with memory and spare batteries
- Hat and sun screen
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Appropriate shoes
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
No reviews yet
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.